January 17, 2013

Chapter 4: Secrets


It had been a few days since the fight between James and Cameron. James had not been back to the house much except to get his work uniform. Cameron still was not talking to his mother and she was giving him his space. She knew she would have to tell him everything eventually. She feared that but knew things could get worse is she did not tell him the truth. She was just finishing up some housework or more like lost in her own thoughts when her cellphone rang. 

       “Hello? Oh Bryce, Thank God.” She was relieved to hear his voice. “How are things going? Have you told him yet?” Bryce asked. “Oh you mean the whole ‘James is not your father and we have been lying to you your whole life’ thing? No. Not yet.” She rolled her eyes. “I’m sorry Bryce. I haven’t told him yet.’ 

  
“Well we knew the day would come where we would have to tell him. I’m really surprised the kid took a swing at James. Trust me, we have all wanted to.” He paused. “Cameron was going to figure out one day. He’s not stupid. I’m surprised we kept it secret this long but I guess that was for our own selfishness.” “Yeah well I was the one that should not have waited. It was my decision to keep it from him.” Constance paced the room. “Well what are you waiting for?” Bryce asked. There was silence. “You’re right. Come by the house at 6 tonight. We’ll tell him.”




“I’ll be there. Oh and Connie? Everything will be fine. Talk to you later.” He hung up. Constance knew that was something Cameron got from Bryce: being able to stay positive even in hard situations. That’s one of the reasons she fell in love with Bryce.


Later that day… Cameron and Lilly were hanging out at the park. 
  

“There’s something they’re not telling me. I know it!” Cameron and Lilly were hanging out on a bench. “Cameron calm down. Why don’t you just ask them? If you think they’re hiding something then step up and talk to them.” Lilly was trying her hardest to stay calm but that was not easy with Cameron pacing a ditch around the park bench. “Do you think I should?” he wondered. She looked at him with a straight face. “No. I think you should pace around this park and worry about something that could easily be solved.” He sat down on the bench. “Will you come with me? I’d feel better if you were there.”  


***

***

 
“You know I will be. Everything will be fine Cameron. You have to clear the air between you and your parents.” She stood up and hugged him. “Not ready to talk to my dad yet. Besides he has not come back since…” “You gave him a bloody nose?” Lilly tried to hide the smile on her face. 


“Yes.  He’s hiding out somewhere in town or so I’m told. I’m glad though, I’m not ready to face him yet. I might do more than just punch him in the face.” Lilly kissed him on the lips. “Trust me. Everything will be fine. Let’s head off over to your house to talk to your mom.”  



Cameron and Lilly pulled up in a cab in front of his house. She grabbed his hand and reassured him once more. He went first into the house. His mom was sitting watching TV as always. “Hey Mom. I think we need to talk about some things. I know I have been avoiding it for a few days but it’s time we cleared the air.”   



His mom smiled with a bit of relief. “Yes it is time we talked. Hello Lilly. Why don’t you both come have a seat?” Everyone sat down in the living room trying not let the awkwardness consume them. Constance took a deep breath and said it was now or never. “I know lately there has been tension between you, James and me as well. Well maybe that’s a bit of an understatement." 

"Well about 15 years ago, James and I tried to conceive a baby. I had always wanted a big family” she smiled and continued. After a year or so of trying we went to get checked out. The doctor said that everything was fine and suggested different things we could try. I think by that point I had somewhat given up but we kept trying. After a while I ran into my old high school boyfriend: Bryce Green. I confided in him about everything and that lead to more.” Cameron looked confused, “So you’re saying?” “Yea that I cheated on James and he’s not your father, Bryce is.” 



Lilly and Cameron sat there shocked and unable to speak. Lilly decided to speak first. “You kept this secret for this long?” Constance was ashamed, they could tell. I didn't tell James about what had happened. He was just happy that I was pregnant. It was harder to keep it from him once you were born, especially with that red hair of yours." She gave a small smile. "Bryce and I parted ways after I told him I was pregnant. He tried to convince me to leave James, but I couldn't leave him. I didn't want to hurt him anymore."  


Suddenly the doorbell rang. “I want to introduce you to someone.” Constance stood up and answered the door. “Cameron? This is Bryce.” In stepped a man that made Lilly gasp. Cameron was almost a clone of him.  


“Nice to meet you Cameron, you look just like your pictures.” Cameron stood up and shook Bryce’s hand. He was still in a state of shock. “It’s nice to meet you too I guess. I’m sorry this is just a lot to take in.” 

 
***

“I understand. Your mother and I realized that it was time to tell you. We can not keep this from you any longer.” Bryce confessed. Still stunned Cameron was about to excuse himself when something occurred to him. “Where are you from?” he asked. Bryce looked at Constance. “I live right near the beach here in Sunset Valley.” Cameron became defensive. “You live right here in town and I’m just now hearing about you and meeting you?” Cameron scoffed and stormed out the door.  “Cameron!” yelled Lilly.  


***


Constance went over and gave Bryce a hug. “I figured he would ask that. I’ll give him a few days. I really do want to be in his life Connie, whenever he’s ready for me to be in his life.” Bryce said. Constance apologized to Bryce and said goodbye. “Thank you for coming” she said with a smile.  



She looked over at Lilly. “Be there for him Lilly. He needs someone by his side more now than ever.” Lilly shook her head in agreement and went after Cameron.  


Constance went to her room to cry. Never in the past 17 years has she felt so many emotions all at once.  




End of Chapter 4
Coming up Chapter 5: What now? 



1 comments:

  1. Aww, at least he knows the truth now! I love that Bryce wants to be in his life :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Sims 3 Story: Cameron Palmer has always thought he was meant for more. It was kind of hard to stay positive with the life he had. He had been at odds with his father for so long and was somewhat neglected by his mother at times. As secrets come out, people's pasts are revealed, with the love of his life by his side, Can they hold it together?

About