February 11, 2013

Chapter 9: Girlfriends

**WARNING** Chapter contains sensitive subject.**




Cameron had decided to put the situation with Jason on the back burner for now. He still hadn’t gotten up the courage to explain it to Lilly. She always wanted to see the best in people; that and she would think Cameron was just worrying for nothing. Cameron didn’t like that guy, plain and simple. Now to find out that Jason has got a dark side and an even darker side did not sit well with him. How exactly do you bring this up with Lilly? Not to mention he could see it in her face: Lilly was captivated by Jason’s smile. She could not or did not want to see past that. Cameron had to just bite the bullet and tell her. If he wanted to keep her safe and take care of her like he promised he would have to tell her. 


“Cameron? Cameron?” Lilly interrupted his thoughts while he was working out. “Yea sorry, I was lost in my own thoughts again. Was there something you needed honey?” He took a quick break. “Zoe invited me to brunch with her friends later. You have any plans?” Lilly was all dolled up. Cameron smiled at the sight of her, “I was going to invite Erik over later if he wasn’t busy. Maybe play a bit of guitar.” “The guitar huh? Haven’t heard you play in months.” She smiled and gave him a gentle kiss. “I’ll talk to you later then.” “Hey Lilly? Be careful okay?” he blurted out. 



She looked confused, “Yea okay. I will.” She shook her head and walked away. Yea he was getting really paranoid that she’d end up backed against the wall in some dark alley. He had to tell her but first he had to get more information from Erik if he could. 

*** 
Lilly was a bit nervous about meeting new people. She had gotten over her nerves fairly quickly with Zoe but that was easy to do. Zoe was very laidback at work and had the same passion for cooking that Lilly did. Lilly pulled up to the house and rang the doorbell, after a few seconds a woman answered the door. She was average height with gorgeous Black skin and a bright smile. “Hi! You must be Lilly. I’m Summer, so glad to meet you.” Lilly thought her smiled literally warmed the room, “It’s nice to meet you too Summer.” Lilly walked in to see a tall dark haired woman playing a game on the computer. “That’s Emma, don’t mind her. She’s in her own world at the moment.” Summer pointed over to her. “I heard that Wench…” Emma said without moving away from the computer. “Seriously though don’t mind her. 
We talk like that to each other all the time.” 




 Lilly was taken a back a bit but giggled at the remark. Summer showed her to the table, “Zoe’s still  changing. She got a phone call from work, so she’s running just a little behind.” Lilly sat down at the table with Summer she could still hear Emma yelling at the computer screen in the background. “So Zoe says you and your boyfriend moved here from Sunset Valley? Why the big change of scenery?” “Well Cameron, my boyfriend, always wanted to live here. He was having issues at home so eventually after graduation we decided we give it a try.” Lilly didn’t want to tell Summer everything. “That’s a bold move but it’s kind of the same thing with me. I moved here with my cousin about three years ago. I love it here honestly.” 

Does your cousin still like it here too?” Lilly asked. Summer got quiet, “She died a few months back actually.” Lilly gasped, “I’m so sorry Summer.” She felt horrible for asking. “It’s okay it was a car accident that’s all.” Summer tried her best to smile in the awkward situation. Before Lilly could come up with something to say Zoe appeared. “Sorry to keep you waiting! I couldn’t figure out what to wear.” She could tell by the somber atmosphere she walked in at a weird moment. “Everything okay ladies?” Zoe wondered.   


Yea everything is fine Zoe, Lillibeth and I was just talking.” Summer turned and gave Lilly a smile. At this point Emma decided to join them at the table. “Broke yourself away from the game long enough to join the conversation?” Zoe laughed. “Listen hun, I’m not missing out on any gossip that goes on between you two. Spill! What’s the reason we’re all here?”  

Just wanted to introduce you ladies to Lilly and have some girl talk.” She smiled. “I’m sorry, I’m Emma.” She introduced herself to Lilly. “Nice to meet you too Emma” Lilly was slowly starting to settle into the group. Just maybe this time she’d actually have some girlfriends to talk to. 

***


Erik made it to Cameron’s house around 4:15 that afternoon. He apologized for being so late since he had some other things he needed to tend to. “You seem out of breathe Erik.” Cameron laughed at him. “I’m fine. I’m good. Just rushing all over town” He panted. “I’m glad you came by. There’s some stuff that I wanted to talk to you about.” He offered Erik a drink. “No thanks I’m fine. What is it you want to talk about?” Cameron took a deep breathe and told Erik about the confrontation he had with Jason after the party. Then he asked the question he had been waiting to ask, “What exactly happened between Zoe and Jason?” Erik got quiet. “Alright I’ll tell you everything that I know. I’m only doing this because I know you’re worried about Lilly and I would be too if I was in your shoes. What made you worried in the first place?” 

Have you seen the way he looks at her? She’s like a piece of steak and he’s the stray dog!” Erik knew he was right about that, “Well that’s how he sees them; to him they are just a piece of meat.” Cameron shook his head, “Why does everyone act like he’s all kosher.” “Well that’s because most people just avoid him altogether, they’d rather not deal with his bullshit.”
Cameron sighed, “Yea well can’t really disagree with that. He’s got this unbearable presence.” “Well that’s why I keep my distance from the jerk.” Erik was trying to be completely honest with him. “Okay and what about Zoe?” Cameron finally asked again. 


 

Well, Jason considers himself a ‘Ladies Man’ after all. He’s dated a few girls around town so he’s had a few girlfriends. Everything with Zoe seemed to be going fine from what I understand. She knew they weren’t really anything special but they enjoyed each other’s company.” He took a deep breath and continued, “She went to him one day and he was pissed off about something or other. Zoe wanted to talk and he didn’t. The next thing she remembered was his fist in her face. Came home to find her crying in her room, I wanted to put his ass in the ground but Zoe told me to drop it. She’s spent so much time blaming herself for what he did to her. I even confronted him about it and he just laughed it off; Jason has a temper and a ugly side that he conceals very well.” Erik just shook his head. "Zoe's my sister, my other half. We did everything together when we were kids. To see her face like that..." 




  Cameron could not believe what he was hearing. “So you are right for wanting to keep Lilly away from him, I would. Also if you haven’t told her the situation and how you feel yet I would.” “Yea...I’ll tell her.” Cameron wasn’t really sure of what to say next. So the guys just sat in silence for a bit. “Wonder if my dad knows about any of this?” Cameron wondered. 

“Well I’m sure if you told he would find it hard to believe at first. Jason’s good at hiding who he truly is, he’s been doing it long enough.” Erik replied and continued, “I better get back home it’s my turn to cook tonight.” 

Cameron smiled and asked “What’s on the menu?” Erik laughed, “I’m ordering out, Zoe says I’m not allowed near the stove again. Apparently she’s never had someone catch water on fire before. What can I say I'm skilled.” Erik shook his head. Cameron laughed so hard. “O…k…I’ll talk to you later then man. Thanks again Erik." Cameron told him. Erik waved and left.
 
***
Lilly made it back from the brunch later that evening with a smile ear-to-ear. “Have fun?” Cameron asked her. “Yea it was a blast. Summer and Emma are a riot. They bickered and joked most of the time we were hanging out. We gossiped a little bit and just talked. It was nice to be able to do that, you know?” Cameron agreed with her on that. Erik and Cameron had a lot in common with each other, it had been a while since they had friends they could really open up to or get along with. “Have you eaten?” Lilly asked him. Cameron gave a slight smile, “Yea I had some leftovers. You?”
Erik said he was going to 'cook' then hopped on the phone to order take out,” she laughed “Luckily we had been eating and snacking most of the day so I'm fine. I'm just ready to get to bed.” “Yea me too.” Cameron was happy to have Lilly by his side. Every night they laid next to each other and he just listened to her breathe.
That day Lilly made some new girl friends, while Cameron learned about Jason and his girlfriends. Cameron had to say something soon or something might happen to his.

End of Chapter 9
Coming up: Chapter 10: Heartbreak




 

1 comments:

  1. :O Cameron tell her! I hope she believes him when he does tell her! LOVED the chapter, can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Sims 3 Story: Cameron Palmer has always thought he was meant for more. It was kind of hard to stay positive with the life he had. He had been at odds with his father for so long and was somewhat neglected by his mother at times. As secrets come out, people's pasts are revealed, with the love of his life by his side, Can they hold it together?

About