February 22, 2013

Chapter 12: "I do, I will"



With work, wedding planning and a new baby on the way: Cameron and Lilly 
were exhausted. There had been so much to do, with what seemed like so little time to do it. Bryce and Stella came to visit along with Eva, they were such a big help with everything that was going on. Stella helped plan the dresses for the girls and Bryce helped with the men’s tuxedos. Everything was being planned down to the flowers. Lilly was also excited to wear the dress that Constance had made for her; she was just hoping she could fit into it. “I need to call the chapel to make sure we’re reserved?” Lilly was trying hard not to panic. “For the fourth time honey, yes, everything is set up.” Constance replied trying not to upset the pregnant Bridezilla. It had three months since Lilly found out she was going to be having a baby. Everyone was excited for them but Lilly found herself at times wishing her Grandfather could have been there. “Okay I’m just checking Cameron.” She replied trying to not to sound so irritated. Her morning sickness had started to subside, much to her relief, there were enough things going on that made her want to throw up. 


“Lilly you shouldn’t worry so much it’s not good for you.” Constance reminded her. The wedding was only in a few days. It seemed rushed at first but Lilly didn’t want to waste any time, they still had to plan a nursery. “A nursery, wow a nursery.” She could not believe it still. “Lilly, we have to do one last fitting of your dress.” Stella called out to her. “Okay I’m coming.” She answered back.  


***
Cameron was working out when Bryce came to him to talk, “How are things going kiddo?” “There are pretty good actually. We had, well I had, a rough start when we got here.,” he told him. “What do you mean? Is everything okay?” Bryce became concerned. “What do you know about Jason Porter?” he figured he just come out and ask. “Jason Porter? He is a handful if I say so myself. Well more of a spoiled brat but the last time I checked his dad had disowned him.” Bryce told him, “He’s had some trouble with the law over the past few years. He was dragging the family name through the mud so to speak.” “Well he’s had eyes for Lilly ever since we got here. I don’t like him, period.” Cameron tried to maintain his composure. “Yea I’m not surprised actually. I am sorry he was the first person you had to meet. He was the only one around. His father and I work a lot together.” Bryce frowned, “Just do yourself a favor and stay away from him. He’ll just bring trouble and you can’t have that with Lilly and a new baby on the way.” Cameron sighed, “Yea I know. Erik apparently had a talk with him and I haven’t seen him since before the funeral.” “That may be a good sign then.”  Constance called them to dinner, “Guess we better eat.” Lilly and Cameron would soon be husband and wife with a new baby in a few months. It was all exciting and scary at the same time but they were both ready for it.  Bryce was right though, he had to let it go, for now.

***
It was the morning of the wedding and the house was full of wedding party members and loved ones. They all had to be at the chapel by 12 p.m. and the wedding started at 1 p.m. “I feel sick and bloated.” Lilly said. “That’s not bloat honey, that’s probably just baby. You’re glowing though.” Emma told her, "Though I think that might be sweat." Everyone just looked at her. “What did I say?”  “Just get your butt dressed already.” Summer insisted. Summer originally intended to walk down the aisle with Bryce but that morning he pulled Lilly aside, “I know it’s been really hard since Ben passed. I know he’d love to be here with you on your special day. If you wouldn’t mind, I would love to walk my daughter-in-law down that aisle.”  Lilly was surprised by his request, “I’d be honored if you would. Thank so much.” Bryce took a deep breathe Lilly you have no idea how much you mean to Cameron. I may have missed a lot of his life, but I am happy to be here and share this moment with you two.” They hugged each other and in that moment she realized just how much Cameron was like his dad. She knew he would make a great father to their unborn child.  

Everyone tried to hold their composure as everyone headed to the chapel. Constance was nervous as fixed up Lilly’s hair. “You looks so beautiful honey.” She tired fighting back the tears, “I’m so happy you’re a part of this family and I’m going to be a grandmother.” “Constance stop you’re going to make my makeup run.” They hugged each other close as they waited for the ceremony to begin. This was it: in about 15 minutes, she would be in front of her future husband and taking their vows.   


The wedding chapel was set and everything was ready to begin. Cameron stood at the alter waiting and took a deep breathe. “This is it.” he thought, “We’re getting married.”  The music became and as Eric and Emma walked down the aisle, Cameron’s heart jumped and he started to sweat a bit. Summer was next down the aisle and again Cameron’s heart jumped. Finally lead by Little Eva, Lilly and Bryce made their way down the aisle. “She’s so beautiful.” Cameron whispered. She truly was. Lilly looked at Bryce and smiled and said “Here we go.” Bryce was more than happy to give Lilly away to his son, he congratulated Cameron one last time and sat down.




 Lilly and Cameron stood face to face as their family and friends looked on to watch them exchange vows. Cameron cleared his throat, “I’ve never met someone so beautiful in my life. Since the first time I saw you I knew we were meant to be. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, have babies with you, making sure that you and our family are cared for. I love you and I will prove that to you every day as long as I shall live.” Lilly smiled, “I remember the first time I saw you: You were walking in the cafeteria and slipped on a puddle only to land right at my feet. You are clumsy, funny, sweet, sensitive and caring. You make me the happiest woman in the world and I love every minute that I am with you. I want to live my life with you. Through the good, the bad and yes even the ugly. I promise to stand by your side as your wife, your lover and your friend.”  



They began to exchange rings, “I, Cameron Joseph Palmer, take you Lillibeth Paige Weber to be my lawfully wedded wife. To love and cherish you for as long as I shall live.” recited Cameron. Lilly took another deep breathe, “I, Lillibeth Paige Weber take you Cameron Anthony Palmer to be my lawfully wedded husband. To love and cherish you for as long as I shall live.” They smiled at each other and shared their first kiss as husband and wife. Their family and friends applauded at the joyous moment.

*Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Cameron Palmer *



*** 
The reception went on for hours. The newlyweds took some time to enjoy their first dance as husband and wife. They all danced, ate and had a blast. Cameron and Lilly were busting moves all over the place. When it was all said and done, the couple went home to enjoy each other’s company. They had not planned a honeymoon, Lilly wasn’t up for traveling and everything. But they cuddled together on the bed and talked into the night. “I can’t believe we’re married. I mean, I know we had planned it for years, but we’re finally married with a baby on the way.” Cameron whispered to her. “I know I can’t wait to see our little bundle of joy. We haven’t even thought of names yet.” Lilly responded. “I thought of so many that I’ve lost count.” He laughed. “Cameron Jr. if it’s a boy!” she squealed. Her husband frowned, “No. No and hell no!” “Why not? I think it’s cute.” She was surprised by his reaction. “As much as I like my name, No!” Cameron insisted. “Okay fine, fine. We’ll come up with some other ones. Not to mention we need to start on the nursery.” “Yea Eric said he’d help with that. We’ll figure all of that out, in the meantime…” before he could finish Lilly was out like a light.

Cameron kissed her forehead and sighed, “I love you both so much.” He said as he rubbed her belly. They were now husband and wife, soon they would be a mother and a father. Cameron could not wait.   


* End of Chapter 12* 

Coming up: Baby Bundle

1 comments:

  1. Gah, beautiful!!!!!!! I loved the wedding so much! <3 <3 I'm so happy they're together!

    I can't wait to see more pictures of the babies!!!

    ~Calista

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Sims 3 Story: Cameron Palmer has always thought he was meant for more. It was kind of hard to stay positive with the life he had. He had been at odds with his father for so long and was somewhat neglected by his mother at times. As secrets come out, people's pasts are revealed, with the love of his life by his side, Can they hold it together?

About