February 15, 2013

Chapter 10: Heartbreak


Four months in Starlight Shores, Cameron and Lilly were as busy as ever. Cameron was working out almost every day and Lilly was busy taking cooking classes and participating in catering jobs with Zoe. Most days they both came how and passed out on the bed. It was early on a Sunday morning; Cameron and Lilly were at the breakfast table enjoying each other’s company.  “I never realized how uptight people around here can be. That catering job Zoe and I went to on Friday, the wife did nothing but complained about the food not being set up the way she wanted it to be. She had us change the set up at least five times. I’m pretty sure she didn’t even mingle with her guests. She was too busy pointing out every flaw.” Lilly was telling Cameron, though he wasn’t really listening. “Uh huh.” He mumbled.  


“Are you okay? You seem distracted” she asked him. “Just thinking about some things. Work has been hectic for both of us. WE haven't have much time together in the past few weeks." he replied. "You are right about that. We can plan something next weekend if you're not busy." she smiled. "I'll have to see. It's supposed to be a busy week. The owner of the team is coming by." he didn't look too thrilled. "You look worried." she giggled a little. "Well I haven't met the guy yet, he's coming to watch us practice. So hell yea I'm nervous." "Okay. Okay I get it. Maybe I can come..." before she could finish her sentence the phone rang. "Hold on a second." Lilly jumped to answer it.


  “Hello?” She answered. “Lilly? Glad I could reach you.” It was Constance, “Something’s happened honey.” Cameron looked over at Lilly on the phone and her face was as white as a cotton ball. There was only the sound of the phone hitting the ground and shattering that filled the room. “What’s wrong??” Cameron yelled panicked. “My…My grandpa had a heart attack. He’s gone Cameron. He’s gone.” She was shaking and her eyes filled with tears as she fell into Cameron’s arms. Cameron was trying to process the information that he was given. “This couldn't really be happening?” he thought. 

***
Cameron and Lilly caught the next flight back home. He still could not wrap his head around what was going on: Ben Weber was gone. What bothered Cameron the most was the fact Ben convinced Lilly to move and leave him behind; Cameron felt responsible.  Lilly had spent the last day or so curled up in the bed, she didn’t eat, she didn't speak and it took some pushing from Zoe to get her to even shower. Cameron was trying not to worry too much about her but let’s face it, Lillibeth Weber was orphaned at the age of five and was sent to live with a man she didn’t really know. He was there for her though. He loved her with so much of his heart and now it seemed that heart just gave out. He was not sure of what to say to her to comfort her. The words of encouragement just were not coming to him at the moment.  

Constance told Cameron the details when he called her back: Constance had left to get groceries; she was only gone for 30 minutes. Since Ben said he wanted to stay and clean she thought he would be okay. When Constance returned she found Ben on the ground barely breathing. Even with Constance's efforts, Ben died before the paramedics could get there. They were all hurt and at a loss for words. It’s all part of life but no one thought it would happen this soon. “Lilly we’re here.” Cameron told her as the cab pulled up in front of the house. Lilly could barely get out, “Okay. I’m coming.” Constance met them at the door and gave them both a comforting hug. She had made the funeral arrangements and had planned it for the next morning. Lilly wasn’t ready to bury her grandpa, or even ready to think about it. So she went up to her old room and just curled up on the bed to cry. Cameron gave her the space she needed and helped his mother set up for the next morning.

*** 


 The next morning everyone was moving somewhat slow and the atmosphere was somber. No one said much as while they finished setting up for the viewing. “Cameron have you said anything to her yet?” Constance asked her son. “Like what? I’m honestly bewildered here. I want to say something so bad but I can just see that Lil is heartbroken. I want to hug and hold her but I’m scared to touch her.” Cameron confessed. “Well Cam, maybe that’s exactly what she needs right now, someone else that loves her to hold her and let her know things will be alright.” Constance gave a gentle smile and walked away.Constance invited a few neighbors to the funeral since Ben kept to himself most of the time. They were his poker buddies that he had known for a long time. It was hard to see the lifeless body lying the large oak box. “Thank you for coming. It means a lot to us.” That's all that Lilly could say as her and Cameron stood by the coffin greeting guests. 

 

It was finally time to lay Ben to rest, the guests and the family made their way to the cemetery. Lilly lagged behind on the way to the burial site. Cameron figured he had to say something, “Lilly. I know this isn’t going to be easy for you but we're going to help you through this. Let’s do this together.” Lilly sighed, “I can’t Cameron. I don’t want him to be gone. I still keep thinking if I go back home now he’ll be sitting on the front porch waiting for me to come home from school. I can’t say goodbye.” “I know honey but it’s time.” Lilly knew that he was right and gathered up the strength to make it to the burial site. The service ended and as the guests said their final “goodbyes”, Cameron whispered to Lilly, “It’s okay Lilly. It’s okay to let him go.” That was all he had to say Lilly broke down and cried for Benjamin Gordon Weber, she cried for her parents that laid next to him. She let out all the emotion and heartache she’d been carrying around for over a decade. 

Cameron held Lilly as walked back to car and all the way back to the house. “I’m going to clean up a bit.” Constance told Cameron. “Okay I’m going to take Lilly upstairs and rest a bit myself.”  



***
Lilly decided to take a bath while Cameron rested on bed. He had so many thoughts running through his head: he still had to tell Lilly what happened to Zoe, Lilly was going through so much at the moment and what about his mother? “I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time now, maybe now is the time…” His thoughts we interrupted by Lilly coming out of the bathroom. She went and sat in the chair in the corner of room. “Cameron? What now? What about your mother and the house?” Cameron laid there, “She said she would be fine. She’s planning on getting a renter or two to take care of the house and all. What about you are you okay?” 

“I don’t know. I’m fine I guess. It’s all starting to set in a bit but I still expect him to be downstairs eating breakfast in the morning. It will take some time I know it will but I’ll be fine.” Cameron became nervous, “There’s something that I need to do. I’ve been wanting to do it for months now.” He cleared his throat. “I hope you don’t think this is wrong at a time like this, but stand up for a second…” He walked over to her and grabbed her hands. “I’ve loved you for as long as I can remember. Now some might say that’s stupid and naïve but I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I promised your grandfather that I’d take care of you and I want to keep that promise. 



With that being said, Lillibeth Paige Weber, would you marry me?” Lilly was shocked and tried holding back her tears, “Are you serious? Oh my gosh Cameron…” she was stunned but yelled “Yes!” excitedly. While they embraced each other Cameron whispered in her ear, “All I want to do is love you and take care of you for as long as I’m living.” 




Before Lilly could reply her face turned pale, “Oh! I think…I’m gonna…be sick!” she bolted to the bathroom leaving her new fiancee standing there. “Well that wasn’t the response you would want.” he thought. Cameron waited a few minutes before entering the bathroom, “Are you okay Lilly? Too much going on I know. I wasn’t expecting that reaction.” She gave him a small smile but was busy with her face in the porcelain bowl. “I can’t tell him yet. Not yet.” She thought to herself, “Maybe it’s time I head to bed anyway.”  Lilly laid down on the bed and it wasn’t long before she was asleep. Cameron stood and watched her sleep. “After some rest she’ll feel better.” He had no clue there more to the story.  

**End of Chapter 10**
Coming up Chapter 11: Celebration(s)




1 comments:

  1. HAHA! She's totally preggers! Loved the chapter, started sad but ended wonderfully :D Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Sims 3 Story: Cameron Palmer has always thought he was meant for more. It was kind of hard to stay positive with the life he had. He had been at odds with his father for so long and was somewhat neglected by his mother at times. As secrets come out, people's pasts are revealed, with the love of his life by his side, Can they hold it together?

About